British Eagle Men's Velocita Road Bike - Red/White, 12+ Years
- Product Code: B7014077
- Brand: British Eagle
- Lightweight 6061 Alloy frame road specific frame with quill stem and full-length seat-post for maximum adjustment and precise fitment.
- Aero-blade road racing forks for improved aerodynamic performance and lightweight alloy cranks for a light and agile ride.
- 14-Speed Shimano gearing with handlebar mounted Shimano SiS thumb shifters.
- 700C lightweight alloy double-wall wheel rims with low-profile tyres for a firmer, more responsive ride.
- Road-spec alloy brake callipers, Quick release front wheel. Comfortable British Eagle branded road saddle
- Item Weight: 8 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 17 Kg
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our
- Item model number: B7014077
- ASIN: B00HNNX07W
Road bikes are designed with the core function to be fast and efficient on tarmac. Road bikes have a longer frame than most other types of bikes in order to make you aerodynamic and to allow you to pedal efficiently when riding. Road bikes feature slick wheels, which are relatively narrow in order to reduce drag on the road and allow you to ride faster. They also feature traditionally thinner tubes to reduce weight in the frame.
Children’s road bikes and entry-level adult road bikes tend to be made from Steel frames, as they are hard-wearing and stiff. If you are looking for a lightweight, comfortable ride and your budget allows, then opt for an Alloy frame road bike as Alloy is lighter weight than Steel and offers great ride characteristics.
Light-weight drive systems from recognised brands such as Shimano can make a big difference to the ride by providing smooth gear shifting, whilst alloy components such as pedal cranks and handlebar stems will further reduce the weight of the bike. If it is speed and efficiency that you are looking for, whether for commuting or leisure then a road bike will be a great choice for you.
Bike, Instruction Manual, Multi Tool